- Cricket or saddle flashing located on the topside of the chimney
- An apron flashing located on the bottom side of the chimney
- Step flashing located on the sides of the chimney
- Counter flashing embedded into mortar joint
- Install Ice & Water barrier underneath the flashing for added protection against water intrusion
If you install a new roof, it is very important to replace the chimney flashing at the same time. You want the flashing to last as long as the roof itself. As always consult with a reputable roofing contractor in your area and I hope this helps with your next roofing project.