There are many factors that you have to take into account when trying to figure out the length of a roofing replacement. Some of the factors to consider are:
- The square footage of the roof (Average home size is 2,600 square feet)
- Pitch/Slope of the roof (2-12 would be low slope and 10-12 is steep slope)
- Number of layers being torn off (Most homes will have 1 layer)
- Style of roof (Gable, Hip, Mansard or a combination of all)
- Type of roofing material being installed (Composite Shingles, Clay Tile, Wood Shakes, etc.)
This being said the average home has a 6/12 pitch with a style combination of Gables and Hips and 1 layer of shingles being torn off. We are assuming that a standard Composite shingle will be installed. With this roof set up you could assume a full day to a day and a half. This is with a reputable company and crew size of 6-8 members. All roofing projects are different, but this will give you an idea of what to expect. We Hope this helps you when planning your next roofing project.