Asphalt Shingles vs Metal Roofing
Conclusion: Both metal roofing and asphalt shingles have their own advantages and disadvantages. When trying to decide between the two, you must choose the product that meets the needs and requirements of the project with the allocated budget. An experienced roofing contractor can help you choose which product is best for your home or building.
This article is part of our ‘Residential/ Steep Slope Materials’ Series. Learn more about:
- Asphalt Composite Shingles
- Metal Roofing
- Wood/ Cedar Roofing
- Roof Component Materials
- Traditional “Organic” Felt vs Synthetic Underlayment: Which is better?
- What Is the Difference Between Open and Closed Valley Installation?
- Continuous Venting Ridge vs Static/Box Vents: Which is better?
- What Are the Benefits to a High Profile Hip and Ridge Shingle?
- What Is a Class 4 Rating? Who Makes That Determination?